Wednesday 12 June 2024

Hot Fuzz

Day 2: Hot Fuzz



Hey, this is my second day reviewing movies and today I am going to talk about one of my all-time favourite movies Hot Fuzz (2008), so I may be a bit biased but I will be as truthful as possible. Remember SPOILERS.

My Rating: 

5/5 Stars

Okay let me start out with this movie is the best movie out of the entire Cornetto Trilogy (the other two being Shaun of the Dead and World's End). It is the vanilla flavour as you can see in the photo above which is by far the best flavour of cornetto anyway. I got to visit the filming place of Hot Fuzz, which is in Wells, Somerset, UK and I had a cornetto while there. I was very disappointed in my sister when she had the strawberry flavour but I'm pretty sure she only did that to annoy me. Anyway onto the actual review of the movie.

I feel like everything about this movie was done well from the cinematography to the storyline, the characters, the comedy, the plot twist and the gore. I have watched this movie too many times and I know most of the words off by heart. 

The cinematography of this movie is mind-blowing. I'm not an expert on it and I am terrible at explaining it but the way it cuts from one scene to the other is just amazing. And the scenes where he is filling out the information for anyone who comes to jail are just so satisfying.

Also what I love about this movie is a lot of action movies there is always some sort of romance in it, but this movie just had bromance throughout the whole thing. Danny and Nicholas are definitely platonic soulmates and their interactions just made the whole thing so much better. I always love seeing Simon Pegg (Nicholas) and Nick Wilde (Danny) and are one of my favourite movie duos of all time and can just be unnecessarily funny.

When I first watched this movie and saw the plot twist my jaw was on the floor, I never saw that one coming, I had earlier assumed maybe it was the whole village. I guessed that when Nicholas was chasing the shoplifter and the village had the walkie-talkies being able to control everything. But I never thought it would be for such stupid reasons that everyone had to die. The writers did an impressive job coming up with this plot twist and is probably my favourite one of all time.

Lastly, the gore in this movie wasn't excessive but it was pretty nasty when it was used. I loved Tim Messenger's death so much and you just have to watch it for yourself to understand it.

I 100% recommend this movie to anyone who loves comedy, action, murder mystery or all of the above because you are in for a treat.

Abi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tag

Day 5: Tag Oops, I missed a couple days, hectic weekend but I'm back and day five I will review the 2018 comedy movie Tag. SPOILERS. My ...